Find Solutions to Your Acne Problem
How our dermatologist in Boise, Idaho can help your skin
Acne is annoying, embarrassing, and can be painful too. Every time it pops up, it’s tempting to leave acne alone, hoping it will go away. However, this may not be a good idea because acne can leave scars on your beautiful skin. If you have acne, the best idea is to seek out the services of an expert in skincare—someone like Dr. DeBlieck! Dermatologist Dr. Jennifer DeBlieck at DeBlieck Dermatology in Boise, Idaho can help you get rid of acne for good.
More on acne:
You don’t have to be a teenager to get acne. Unsightly acne blemishes can appear on adult skin too. Acne can form as whiteheads, blackheads, cystic bumps, or pustules. The blemishes can be uncomfortable. The good news is, there are effective solutions for your acne.
Dr. DeBlieck may recommend:
- Salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide products to unblock your pores; these medications help to eliminate small blemishes.
- Oral and topical antibiotics to reduce or eliminate the bacteria causing your acne breakouts
- Isotretinoin medications to unblock pores and clear up cysts; these medications are typically used for cases of severe acne.
Don’t forget to follow a few important steps to prevent acne breakouts, as well. Remember to:
- Wear non-comedogenic makeup that won’t clog your pores
- Eat a healthy diet, low in fried or greasy foods and dairy products
- Exercise regularly to increase perspiration and eliminate toxins
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins and help clear skin
When you do have an acne breakout, don’t pop or pick your blemishes. It can spread bacteria to other areas of your face, and it may result in scarring. It’s also important to avoid touching your face because it can transfer more bacteria to your skin and cause an acne breakout.
Dr. DeBlieck can help with any acne scarring too. Using laser treatments, chemical peels, dermal fillers, and other state-of-the-art dermatology treatments and skincare products, your skin can look clear and beautiful again! For more information about acne and acne scarring treatments, call Dr. Jennifer DeBlieck at DeBlieck Dermatology in Boise, Idaho. Call (208) 939-5030 today and enjoy clearer skin!